Monday, July 16, 2007

My Review of iRobot® Roomba® 400

Originally submitted at iRobot

The iRobot Roomba is an intelligent and effective vacuuming robot that cleans floors routinely so you don't have to. Roomba's powerful vacuum and counter-rotating brushes automatically adjust from carpets to hard floor surfaces to lift dirt, dust and debris. Includes charger.


I <3 Robots

By Martin from Mountain View, CA on 7/16/2007

 

4out of 5

Pros: Covers Entire Room, Hassle Free Operation, Cleans Under Furniture

Cons: Loses Charge Quickly

Best Uses: Hardwood Floors, Small Rooms, Carpeted Rooms

Describe Yourself: Renter

My Robot's Name: Cam

I live in an apartment where most of the floor is carpeted with a kitchen and bathroom with vinyl floors. The Roomba handles either surface very well. The threshold between the carpet and kitchen is a little high, so "Cam" did get stuck once while crossing over, but other than that my experience has been great. It covered the entire floor. The layout is pretty irregular to begin with and once you throw in furniture all around, it's pretty amazing that it covered so much ground and how nimble it was in tight spots. You'll have to watch the video for a better idea.

Low profile

thumbnail

Tags: Using Product, Picture of Product

Roomba

Tags: Review, Irobot, Vacuum, Roomba

(legalese)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your review. In watching the video, I am not very impressed with this basic model. I think I will splurge the extra $100 to get the next model up which appears to have many more features including a virtual wall and automatic docking on the charger. Thanks again.

Ryan Peters said...

I just got one for xmas. pretty cool little thing. mine's the same as yours and acts no different. I'm hoping it lasts a while!

Have you had any problems with yours since? Thanks.

Martin Davidsson said...

No problems since!

Unknown said...

Does it eat lamp cords, stereo speaker wires, etc? That's my one major concern with this model; will I need to be around and "babysit" it?

dsi r4 said...

Thanks for the review. Keep up the great work, you are providing a great resource on the Internet here!

Anonymous said...

I bought my 400 0ne month ago. The battery charges in two hours, is not noisy, infact I have to look for it sometimes to see if its working! Like it? I LOVE IT!! Rex, Calgary, Canada

Anonymous said...

I recently purchased the roomba and love it I was given one but it had no charger there both the 400 series I have one cleaning upstairs and one down stairs just love it everybody should own one